Ms Glade has returned to Manchester after spending half term at home eating and sleeping. I am deliberately posting this today in an effort to encourage her to make some nutritious soup!
It’s lovely with ‘No need to knead Cheese and Chive Bread’.
3 leeks peeled and thinly chopped
3 potatoes peeled and chopped into small pieces
2 litres vegetable stock
Pinch of white pepper
Swirl of olive oil for each bowl
1. Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook the leeks through without letting them catch for about five minutes
2. Add the potatoes and continue to gentle sauté for about five more minutes
3. Add the stock and a pinch of white pepper and bring to the boil
4. Reduce the heat to simmer with the lid on the pan for about 30 minutes
5. When it has cooled a little bit, smooth with a stick blender
6. Heat back up and serve with a small swirl of olive oil because that makes it look fancy!