A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I was going to try to recreate a pie that myself and Miss Glade had enjoyed on Mother’s Day.
This is my version, a Crustless Quiche. It is actually a bit of a staple in this house but this is the first time that I have added broccoli, it’s another of those versatile dishes that you can make with any seasonal vegetables.
I think it is best served piping hot with new, buttered potatoes and a crisp salad. Oh! a bit like the one in the picture.
Delicious and as always, minimal effort!
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 head of broccoli prepared into spears
I red pepper cut into chunks
4 eggs beaten
200g grated strong mature cheddar
1 teaspoon of chives
1. Pre heat the over to 160 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil and sweat the onions until they are quite dry.
3. Add the broccoli and keep it moving so it doesn’t catch the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the red pepper and keep all the vegetables moving for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the beaten eggs, milk and chives to the pan and sprinkle on the cheese.
6. Transfer to an oven proof dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is browned and the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Serve immediately.
Have a lovely day!