This dish came about completely out of necessity and I am so delighted with it, that I might actually plan to make it again and shop for the ingredients next time. As always you can swap and change the vegetable element to your heart’s content.
I put recipes on here in the hope that my daughter, who is at university, might be inspired and have a go. It has worked on occasion. This is a perfect one for you to try Ms Glade X.
It can be made in advance and popped into the oven whenever your ready!
1 head of Broccoli cut into spears
1 head of Cauliflower cut into florets
500g Pasta cooked in accordance to the instructions of the packet
2 sliced of Bread cut into breadcrumbs
50g Extra Mature Cheese grated
50g Plain Flour
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1. Cook the Cauliflower and Broccoli in a steamer or boil until al dente.
2. Add the cooked vegetables and cooked pasta to a large oven proof dish.
3. To make the white sauce, add all the ingredients together in one pan.
4. Put the pan on a medium heat and stir continually until it boils and thickens.
5. Pour the white sauce over the top of the vegetable mixture in the dish.
6. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese on top of the dish.
7. Cook in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about 30 minutes until the top is browned and crispy.
8. Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Have a lovely day!