This is one of my favourite pasta sauces to order when we are out. Everywhere seems to have a different spin on it. I like to add whatever vegetables I have around, this time I had some spinach and it made a lovely addition.
Served with garlic bread, it’s a quick and simple, but satisfying dinner!
Glug of Olive oil
2 white onions finely chopped
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
200ml vegetable stock
1 teaspoon crushed chilli
1 handful of Spinach
1 packet penne packet cooked to al dente as per packet instructions
Grated cheese to serve
1. Sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent
2. Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock
3. Add the crushed chilli to taste but no more than 1 teaspoon
4. Add the spinach and reduce the heat to a simmer
5. Simmer for about 15 minutes, meanwhile cook the pasta
6. When the sauce is reduced add the cooked pasta, mix and serve with grated cheese
Have a lovely day!