I really can’t believe it but I have been nominated by Mum with brain for The One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you Mum with a brain, I am delighted and very grateful.
I have not been able to find out very much about the award but it seems, that I tell you seven things about myself that you probably don’t already know. I then nominate another 10 bloggers to pass it on to. I love this warm supportive community, these awards are such a lovely thing to do and, we learn about each other in the process.
1. I cannot swim – I am not bothered about it and I have no intention of trying to learn. I just don’t care about it. I think I missed the learning slot as a child because I had something wrong with my ears and could not get them wet. But it just doesn’t bother me at all, much to everyone else’s amazement.
2. I have been a vegetarian for 24 years – I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons and could not imagine eating meat at all now. No, I am never tempted by a bacon sandwich. I do occasionally cook it for himself, admittedly it is usually when we have company.
3. In a previous life I was a fraud investigator – I worked in banking and used to investigate applications before they were approved. I still miss the team that I worked with, it was a fantastic job.
4. I can say the longest word in welsh – very poorly and with a terrible English accent. My childhood friend was welsh and spoke welsh at home with her parents, she taught me when we were about 6. It’s one of those things that gets resurrected every few years on an occasion that usually involves excessive alcohol.
5. It took me 17 years to learn to drive –It’s completely true. I had my first lesson the day after my 17th birthday and it took another 17 years to pass my driving test! 😂
6. I was at Anfield for the last game when you could stand in the Kop – It was the 30th April 1994. Liverpool v Norwhich don’t ask the score! Himself likes to remind me that I had to move away from the middle when it got full.
7. My favourite TV detective is Poirot – We bought the box set in 2008 and have watched every episode. We have the more recent episodes recorded. It has become a tradition in our family to take to the couch on a wintery afternoon and ‘have a Poirot’. It’s amazing how many people starred in the early episodes and then went on to be famous.
Sorry if they are all a bit lame. I am quite boring really!
My nominations are:
Have a lovely day!