Good Morning, Some good old comfort food for today.
It is also quick and as always, nice and easy!
I often cook Gnocchi with greek yoghurt. However, I though I would try something different this time and I have to say it went down very well. I thickened the vegetable stock with cornflour at the end and it really was tasty. Perfect for a chilly evening!
As always, you can substitute the vegetables with whatever you have, just chop it accordingly. It shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes.
Glug of olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 red onion – chopped in chunks
1 green pepper – chopped in chunks
1 red pepper – chopped in chunks
2 sticks of celery – sliced
2 litre of vegetable stock
3 tablespoons of corn flower mixed in 1 table spoon of water
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan big enough to hold all the ingredients
2. Sweat the onions without letting them brown
3. Add the peppers, celery and oregano, keep it all moving for about 5 minutes
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil, simmer for about 5 minutes
5. Add the gnocchi, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
6. Add the corn flour mixture and boil for a few minutes to cook the flour. The sauce will thicken so keep stirring
7. Serve with garlic bread!
#Tip : I use a silicone spatula to stir because you need keep everything moving along the bottom of the pan too because the sauce is really thick and could burn easily