So sorry but, in my humble opinion, dark chocolate is a natural addition to anything with banana in it. Am I right?
That said you can leave it out it you want to be a bit healthier.
In this household there is never a problem with bananas being left to go black and soft, we go through kilos each week. Therefore, I have to wait until at 4 bananas present themselves in that ‘almost only good for the bin’ state at the supermarket. It’s a thin line. Then I get my “I am having them and will not be beaten” face on.
4 mashed bananas
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g dark chocolate (completely optional) or walnuts or both
1. Pre heat the oven to 170oc
2. Cream butter and sugar together until really pale and fluffy
3.Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix really well
4. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt and mix
5.Add chocolate or any other additions to the mix now
6. Put the whole of the mixture in a lined 2lb loaf tin
7. Place in the oven for 1 hour